Support for all
All the listings in this section apply equally to patients and carers, with many services also being available to other family members including children, grandparents and those not directly involved in day to day care but still very much affected by the low-grade brain tumour diagnosis.
There are so many people waiting to help you through the coming years – please do reach out and let them support you through the tough times, and then share in the good times as well. Please join the Astro Brain Tumour Fund Low-Grade Glioma International Online Support Group for patients and carers. If you are a carer, we also offer an online support group just for you.
Our Low Grade Support Group Facebook page is very popular. This is a closed group for low-grade patients and their families. Apply to join the group and you will be contacted by the administrator, Linda.
- Cancer support centres and hospice day centres
- Help in achieving personal goals in the workplace
- Accessing NHS and financial support
- Online support groups
- Telephone helplines in the UK
- Dealing with your bank
- Paediatric and teenagers support
- Spiritual support
- Fabulous freebies
- UK-based organisations to help you realise your dreams!
- Other sources of help